Pages

Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Sometimes

The world is perfect.
You don't believe me,
You think of wars, famines,
persecution, discrimination, violence, hate...
but to me, today,
my world is perfect.

My world is perfect.
You don't believe me,
You think of the times I'm sad, upset,
stressed, helpless, depressed, lost...
but for me, right now,
my world feels perfect.

My world feels perfect.
You ask me why?
I think of my family and my friends,
of sunshine, laughter, music, hope...
and you realise, for me, right now,
my world is perfect.

My world is perfect.
You ask me why?
I think of all those people who help, care,
protect, rebuild, comfort, defend...
and you understand, to me, today,
the world is perfect.


(I don't want to be eaten by Isabella, so I post it...)

8 comments:

  1. AMAZING AQUILA!!!! Okay I shall not eat you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FTW
    EPICA!!!!
    BRAVO Aquila! This is a lovely poem! Very beautifully written. I LOVE IT!
    SO now I find out that not only are you a gifted writer and artist but you are gifted in poetry too!
    FANTASTIC!!!!!
    LOL I'm glad you won't be eaten by Isabella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AQUILA THAT IS FLIPPIN AMAZING!!

    ITS DEADLY! (sorry dragona :P)
    IT IS SOOOO AMAZING!

    Sometimes I feel like the happy un sometimes the other -.-

    BUT, when you see someone happy, you can relise, there is actually happiness, love, and hope in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that is sooo awesome i never knew u wrote poems!!! ITS EPIC!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK So I haven't commented yet.

    I really love this poem. It's really great!

    Well done.

    It has such a wonderful heart warming message.

    ReplyDelete